- "The War of Art," Steven Pressfield
- "The Path of Least Resistance," Robert Fritz
- "The Artist’s Way," Julia Cameron
- “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” by Stephen Covey
- “Self-Esteem & Peak Performance,” by Jack Canfield
- “The Magic of Thinking Big,” by David J. Schwartz
- “The Power of Positive Thinking,” by Norman Vincent Peale
- “The Magic of Believing,” by Claude M. Bristol
- “The Psychology of Winning,” by Dr. Denis Waitley
- “How to Win Friends & Influence People,” by Dale Carnegie
- “Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life,” by Maxwell Maltz, M.D.
- “The Master-Key to Riches,” by Napoleon Hill
- “Time to Think: Listening to Ignite the Human Mind,” by Nancy Kline
- “Feel the Fear . . . and Do It Anyway(r),” by Susan Jeffers
- "No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs," Dan Kennedy
- "Getting Things Done," David Allen
- "To Do … Doing … Done!" Snead & Wycoff
- "The 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management," Hyrum W. Smith
- "The E-Myth Revisited," Michael Gerber
- "Guerilla Marketing," Jay Conrad Levinson
- "How to Master the Art of Selling," Tom Hopkins
- "Purple Cow," Seth Godin
- "Good to Great," Jim Colllins
- "Blue Ocean Strategy," W. Chan Kim & Renée Mauborgne
- "How They Started," David Lester
- "Steal These Ideas," Steve Cone
- "The Creative Business Guide to Running a Graphic Design Business," Cameron S. Foote
- "Play to Win," Larry & Hersch Wilson
- “Get Clients Now,” CJ Hayden
- "Sell Your Business Your Way," Rick Rickertsen with Robert Gunther
- "The Starbucks Experience," Joseph Michelli
- "Getting from College to Career," Lindsey Pollak
- The Career Development Team (visit http://www.cdteam.com/index.html)
- "Do What You Are," Tieger & Barron-Tieger
- "What Colour is My Parachute," Richard Nelson Bolles
- "Who Moved My Cheese?" Dr. Spencer Johnson
- "Never Eat Alone," Keith Ferrazzi
- "Up is not the Only Way," Beverly Kaye
- "Now Discover Your Strengths," Marcus Buckingham & Donald O. Clifton
- “The Inner Game of Work,” Timothy Gallwey
- "The Secret," by Rhonda Byrne (hardcover)
- "The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book)," by Don Miguel Ruiz
- "How Faith Works," by Frederick K. C. Price, D.D.
- "The Road Less Traveled, 25th Anniversary Edition: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth," by M. Scott Peck, M.D.
- "Further Along the Road Less Traveled: The Unending Journey Towards Spiritual Growth," by M. Scott Peck, M.D.
- "The Celestine Prophecy," by James Redfield
- "Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives," by Dan Millman
- "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams," by Deepak Chopra
- "Success! The Glenn Bland Method," by Glenn Bland
The First Pillar: Focus, helps us define a reason to move forward. The Second Pillar: Discipline, is the tool we use to maintain integrity in the moment. But to create or sustain forward momentum, it takes more than just focus and discipline. It takes the ability to focus and the application of discipline over many days, weeks, months, or even years. It takes consistent action. It takes persistence.
And persistence creates habits.
Have you ever had trouble making a choice because you didn’t want to give anything up? I feel your pain.
Have you ever made a decision and then had trouble sticking with it? We’ve all been there.
Do you want to be able to make a decision and stick with it?
Read on for the Response-Able article, The 2nd PILLAR: DISCIPLINE – The Power of Choice.
Where is your focus? What are you trying to achieve? Without a set of clear written goals, it’s easy to lose focus and spend (waste?) your time and energy on the most urgent or “important” thing in front of you at any given moment.
The first of our three articles explains The 1st Pillar: FOCUS – The Power of Written Goals!
Pearls of wisdom.
And a little bit of fun stuff thrown in for good measure.
Please enjoy reading these as much as we enjoyed writing them (you’ll find them in the Blog).