Paul enjoyed a successful 20-year career in corporate America and currently serves as Master Facilitator for the NeuroLeadership Institute-North America (formerly Director, Training & Delivery-NA) and owns and operates Response-Able Consulting LLC.
During the course of his corporate career, he managed a 100+ rep service department for one of the nation’s top 10 newspapers and revamped a subsidiary’s service department; managed a multi-million dollar sales operation for the nation’s largest independent yellow pages publisher; created, from the ground up, a training department for Time Warner Book Group (now Hachette Book Group USA); and launched and managed the first employee “career” initiative as Director of (People) Development at Time Inc.
Paul is currently a leadership and human performance consultant, executive coach, and master facilitator and has a significant management and people development background. As a human performance consultant, the focus of his work is on helping leaders create new thinking, reengage their employees, jumpstart performance, and maximize their results. In his work with corporate clients, Paul uses neuroscience-based models, relevant coaching structures, and appropriate strategic planning tools and assessments to help his clients identify, clarify, and move towards their mission-critical goals. Paul is known for his unique blend of integrity, intelligence, and humor. He quickly establishes rapport and a trusting environment with clients. Paul’s experience, knowledge, and natural passion for connecting with people provide clients with a comfortably challenging yet powerful working relationship and learning experience.
Paul has worked on a variety of projects across a variety of industries with clients including Accenture, American Express, Coca Cola, CVS Caremark, DE Shaw, eBay, FedEx, Genentech, John Deere, Ericsson, Humana, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia Siemens Network, Northrop Grumman, Pfizer, Prudential Inc., Stanford University, Starbucks, Time Warner, and The Walt Disney Company and has spoken at numerous conferences as keynote or presenter.
Paul holds a Masters degree in Human Resources Management & Labor Relations; completed a Certificate in the Neuroscience of Leadership (2012); is an ICF Professional Certified Coach (applying for his ICF Master Certified Coach credential); served as President (2008, 2009) and Past President (2010-2011) of the Long Island Coaching Alliance-ICF Chapter; is a Results Professional Certified Coach (RPCC); a NeuroLeadership Group Coach Trainer, Mentor Coach, and Coach Assessor; was selected NLG Trainer of the Year (2011-2012); is a TAB-certified Strategic Business Leadership® Coach; a former business blogger for the NY Enterprise Report; and sits on the Advisory Board of Long Island University’s Paralegal Studies program.
Paul is a published writer, marathon runner, triathlete, proud uncle, and lives outside New York City on Long Island with his wife, Tricia, and their son, Christopher (and Pedro the cat).
RESPONSE-ABLE CONSULTING (2006 – Present)
– Executive & workplace coaching for existing leaders who want to close the gaps in critical performance areas; emerging leaders who want to advance their leadership skills; and “impact” managers looking to reengage employees and improve business results
RESULTS COACHING SYSTEMS/NEUROLEADERSHIP GROUP-INSTITUTE (2006 – Present)
Master Facilitator; Director, Training & Delivery; Associate; Certified Coach; Mentor Coach
– Design, develop and deliver leadership development programs to senior leaders at Fortune 500 companies; has developed several thousand leaders through hundreds of programs
– Develop emerging and experienced coaches as experts in the brain-based Results Coaching System
– Mentor and assess “leaders as coach” and coaches-in-training
THE ALTERNATIVE BOARD (2007 – 2011)
SBL® Certified Coach, Certified TAB-Board Facilitator
– Work with business owners as a coach and facilitator of boards of directors to create personal and business visions, practical strategies, and defined actions that lead to the achievement of their work and life goals
TIME INC. (2005)
– Launched and managed first-ever “Career” initiative brown-bag lunch series for NY employee population
– Reduced vendor cancellation fees by creating process to streamline calendar training class registrations
– Improved quality of classroom training by auditing vendor programs
TIME WARNER BOOK GROUP (2000 – 2004)
Director, People Development
– Newly created position responsible for training & development, internal communications, and on-boarding of new employees
– Created first-ever IT/HR training department
– Wrote and/or edited training manuals and materials for 20+ business systems
– Delivered training classes and managed training staff
– Developed online training presence and internal communications
US1/BUNN COFFEE (1998-2000)
– Nassau County Sales Manager
RELAXATION COMPANY/ELLIPSIS ARTS (1997)
– National Sales Manager – Retail Accounts
YELLOW BOOK (1995-1997)
– Inside Sales Manager – Professional Accounts
– Telephone Sales Supervisor
– Customer Service Assistant Manager
– Training Specialist
– District Sales Manager
Professional Affiliations (past/present)
- NeuroLeadership Institute member
- Results Coaching Systems
- The Alternative Board TAB®
- ICF-Long Island (Long Island Coaching Alliance)
- International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Long Island University – Paralegal Certificate Program Advisory Board
- Partnership for Student Advancement – Coach/Trainer
- Farmingdale Citizens Advisory Committee
- Long Island Works Speaker’s Bureau
- Farmingdale Chamber of Commerce
- American Society for Training & Development (ASTD)
- Society for Human Resource Managers (SHRM)
- New York Institute of Technology – Master of Science in Human Resources Management; Chairman’s Advisory Council; Civic Club Award
- State University College at Oneonta – Bachelor of Science in Business Economics; Minor in Business Communication; Dean’s List
- Certificate in the Neuroscience of Leadership (2012)
- Long Island Coaching Alliance – President (2008-2009)
- International Coach Federation – Professional Certified Coach (2009)
- International Coach Federation – Associate Certified Coach (2008)
- Results Coaching Systems – Results Certified Coach (RCC), Mentor Coach, Lead Trainer, Associate
- The Alternative Board – Certified Strategic Business Leadership (SBL®) Coach; Certified TAB Board Facilitator (2007)
- Marathon Runner & Triathlete
- Lifetime Weight Watchers Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Long Island – Big Brother (2003-2010)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!