Tag Archive for: suffolk county
Eleanor Roosevelt quote/0 Comments/in Quote of the Month /by response_admin
The Value of Slowing Down/0 Comments/in Blog /by response_admin
Are you ignoring the most important (a.k.a. strategic) issues facing your business, your company, or your life because of the more urgent issues screaming for your attention?
If so, you’re like the proverbial frog in the pot on the stove. He doesn’t notice that he’s getting cooked alive until it’s too late.
We all need to take a step back and look at what’s going on in our lives – work – businesses in order to determine if we’re heading in the right direction. Ships have a captain. Planes have a pilot. Who is overseeing your life?
Professional Affiliations/0 Comments/in Resources /by response_admin
I currently belong to or support these organizations because of the help, guidance, community, example, and inspiration they and their members provide.
International Coach Federation (ICF)
TAB – The Alternative Board (Suffolk County, NY)
Association for Talent Development
Coaching Explained/0 Comments/in Blog /by response_admin
Coaching seems to be making its way into the mainstream. While at a recent social gathering, a woman asked my fiancé, “What does Paul do,” to which she replied, “He’s a coach.” The woman said, “Oh, like on that Scott Baio show?”
While it’s true, Scott Baio did have a recent VH1 reality TV show (Scott Baio is 45…and Single) and that one of the folks featured on it was his life coach, I hesitate to say my coaching is “like on that Scott Baio show.”
The Peter Principle and Employee Engagement/0 Comments/in Blog /by response_admin
I was talking with an HR Professional last night about the unfortunate practice of promoting people into positions for which they are not suited as a reward for good performance, the impact of this practice on employee engagement, and the potential negative effect on performance.
Remembering 9/11/0 Comments/in Blog /by response_admin
On Tuesday, 9/11/2007, I was at my monthly Long Island Coaching Alliance meeting and our current president, Lynn Engeholm, mentioned observing a moment of silence in memory of 9/11 and the events of six years ago.
I must say, I was stunned at the realization that it has been six years since the attacks. I was working in New York City that day and, like many, will always remember that sunny Tuesday morning and the uncertain days that followed.
A few nights later, I decided to watch the 9/11 documentary DVD shot by Jules and Gedeon Naudet, the French brothers who had intended to capture the story of a rookie NYC firefighter, only to capture the events of 9/11 as they unfolded in downtown Manhattan.
Leadership Resources/0 Comments/in Resources /by response_admin
- "Emotional Intelligence," Daniel Goleman
- "Lincoln on Leadership," Donald T. Phillips
- "First, Break All The Rules," Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman
- "The First 90 Days," Michael Watkins
- "Developing the Leaders Around Us," John C. Maxwell
- “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership,” John C. Maxwell
- "The 21 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leader’s Day,” John C. Maxwell
- "The Path: Creating Your Mission Statement for Work and for Life," Laurie Beth Jones
- "What Got You Here Won’t Get You There," Marshall Goldsmith with Mark Reiter
Success Resources/0 Comments/in Resources /by response_admin
- “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” by Stephen Covey
- “Self-Esteem & Peak Performance,” by Jack Canfield
- “The Magic of Thinking Big,” by David J. Schwartz
- “The Power of Positive Thinking,” by Norman Vincent Peale
- “The Magic of Believing,” by Claude M. Bristol
- “The Psychology of Winning,” by Dr. Denis Waitley
- “How to Win Friends & Influence People,” by Dale Carnegie
- “Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life,” by Maxwell Maltz, M.D.
- “The Master-Key to Riches,” by Napoleon Hill
- “Time to Think: Listening to Ignite the Human Mind,” by Nancy Kline
- “Feel the Fear . . . and Do It Anyway(r),” by Susan Jeffers
Time Management Resources/0 Comments/in Resources /by response_admin
- "No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs," Dan Kennedy
- "Getting Things Done," David Allen
- "To Do … Doing … Done!" Snead & Wycoff
- "The 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management," Hyrum W. Smith
Mailing & Contact Info:
Saint James, NY 11780